Sunday, August 6, 2017

It Is For You That We Have Come

Today is August 6.  Three months from yesterday is the 2017 New York City Marathon.  This year, as I did last year, I am running in the marathon as a member of Team Stomp the Monster, which is a charity team designed to raise money for Stomp the Monster, Inc., a Jersey-born and raised not-for-profit that provides financial, emotional, and spiritual support to cancer patients and their families.  

This year, as you may know, my sister Kara is running as a member of Team STM as well.  As it turns out, she is not the only one of my siblings with whom I shall enjoy Marathon Sunday.  Jill told me on Thursday afternoon that she had spoken with Tracey Levine of Stomp the Monster about joining Team STM and, as luck would have it, Tracey was able to locate an available charity team spot.  Thus, as of Thursday, the 2017 edition of Team STM has three Kennys on its roster.  Thursday, two months to the day after Mom died, she worked a little magic? I, for one, believe that she did. 

Yes, Monster, you piece of shit, it is for you that we have come.  Three strong.  Team Tiger coming at you, for you, and right fucking through you.  




-AK

No comments: