Thursday, August 3, 2017

And Then There Were Two...



Food for thought.  Whether you have an appetite for it is up to you. Whether you devour it or turn your nose up at it, whatever comes after is nothing more or less than exactly that to which you are entitled.  There is that word again.  Go figure. 

Sunday morning dawned bright and beautiful at the beach.  It reinforced my belief that weather possesses no memory.  The stormy weather of Friday night and Saturday disappeared and in its place a simply splendid summer morning arrived.  I availed myself of the weather to run a 10K (6.2 miles) in combination style.  I ran south on the boardwalk from the 17th Avenue Beach in Belmar to Spring Lake.  Then, when I reached the southern end of the boards in Spring Lake, I continued south on 1st Avenue into Sea Girt.  My trek into Sea Girt took me as far as the intersection of 1st Avenue and Brooklyn Boulevard where - being WPK, Sr.'s son - I turned left and headed to the beach. 

I ran onto the beach in Sea Girt at Brooklyn Boulevard and, from there, trekked home to the 17th Avenue Beach in Belmar from down by the waterline.  The tide was low, the sun was out, and the gulls were feasting on the mussels.  

As the song says, "When I die I don't want no part of Heaven, I would not do Heaven's work well." Besides, I cannot imagine it looks any more beautiful than these things I have seen...


17th Avenue Beach 
(Belmar) 


Sunrise - 5:52 a.m. 
(Spring Lake) 


Brooklyn Blvd. Beach
(Sea Girt) 









Giddy the Crab








Lifeguard Stand - 17th Avenue Beach
(Belmar)

August 3.  Where does the time go?  Two months already. 

-AK 
  

No comments: