Monday, July 24, 2017

A Reason for Belief


I am hard-pressed to think of a person who serves as a better example of providing a reason for belief than does my sister Kara.  Today is Stel's birthday.  She is spending it on vacation in Florida with Russ and her boys.  I hope it is a wonderful a day as she deserves.  

When the three of us were little, Jill and I used to ask Mom and Dad facetiously if the three of us actually were related by blood.  Stel has always been a better person than I ever could aspire to be.  She has always reminded me of Mom.  Kara shares Mom's ability to see the best in everyone and the willingness to work hard to make sure that everyone sees the best in themselves.  It is a remarkable gift.  Her possession of it confirms my belief that it is hereditary...even though I do not share it. 

Happy Birthday, Stel!  

-AK 

No comments: