Monday, June 5, 2017

An Era's End

On Saturday afternoon/evening, the indomitable Joanie K. bade farewell to this world. Her final scene played out as those that preceded it had, which is to say that it went precisely how she wanted it  to go. 

Mom was an extraordinary human being. I am blessed to have had her as my mother. She is the bravest, most resilient person I have ever met. I shall miss her for the rest of my life. I shall love her for at least that long. 

My hero. My rock. My mother.  Thank you for everything, Mom. Nothing I have achieved in my life would have been possible without the lessons you taught me. I shall carry them with me - as I shall carry your memory with me - every day for the rest of my life. 

Goodbye, Mom, and fare thee well.  May a favorable wind power your journey home.

I love you. I always will.

-AK


No comments: