Thursday, May 18, 2017

Flashing Teeth and Wide-Open Eyes

Get your attitude straight, 'Cos it's all in your mind
And it's never too late to get a new design.
And if you wanna compete you gotta visualize,
Flash those teeth, come on open those eyes.
Think visual...
- "Think Visual" 
(The Kinks) 

I had the pleasure of engaging in a rather inspired conversation, via messaging of course, early yesterday morning with my great friend, Dave Lackland.  He is not merely a person who improves my standing in life simply through his permitted use of the term "great friend" to describe our relationship, he is a person who is perpetually opening my mind's eye wider and wider. 

Until shortly after five o'clock yesterday morning, I had never heard of Casey Neistat.  It took me less than four minutes to understand just how profound a chink that was in my own faux intellectual armor: 




I love to read.  Always have.  Always will.  But there is more than one way to ingest knowledge and information.  It is true that it shall always be on the printed page - as long as you know where to look.  But it also can be found here and here and in about a gazillion other places too.  

Thank you, Dave, for the education.  As always.




-AK 





No comments: