Sunday, April 9, 2017

Showering Baby & The Running Man

Busy day in the Kenny house today.  Yours truly will spend some time - hopefully not more than two hours or so - taking part in the 2017 Rutgers Half-Marathon.  We had days this past week on which we received so much rain that I swear I saw a trio of rabbits and a trio of deer playing "Rock, Paper, Lizard, Scissors, Spock" ("All hail Sam Kass!") for the two spots on Noah's big barge.


Today the weather is supposed to be quite nice.  Given that I have woefully under-prepared for this morning's 13.1 miles of fun, I take some comfort in the fact that the day on which I shall pay for the sin of poor preparation shall at least be a nice day.  One takes one's victories where one can find them.     

While the highlight of my Sunday shall be my payment for making poor decisions, Margaret and Suzanne shall be at Suzanne's baby shower.  We are now approximately six weeks from Maggie's arrival, a date that seems more and more real every time I see my very-pregnant daughter.  Last weekend the dynamic duo made their annual pilgrimage to Broadway to see Josh Groban's musical, Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 where they sat on the stage, from which seats they took this simply beautiful photograph: 




As was the case on the Broadway outing last weekend, I am not an attendee at today's festivities.  We have come to learn in my house that such functions are better enjoyed by all when my involvement is limited to my role on the Finance Committee, to which I have been appointed permanent Chairman. Note the absence of any objection from the Chair.  Or anyone else for that matter. 

A grand baby is coming.  

How unbelievably cool is that?

-AK   

No comments: