Sunday, April 2, 2017

Make the First Right Turn at Horace Greeley

The all-too-brief sojourn into the warm (OK - hot) Florida sun ends today for Yours truly.  It was great to spend time with Jill and Mom - although repeatedly being spotted from one thousand yards away as the "Yankee on the Beach" courtesy of my winter-white complexion was a game I enjoyed far more the first dozen or so times it played out than I did thereafter. Today, instead of subscribing to Mr. Greeley's exhortation and heading west, north is the compass point that I shall follow.  North to Margaret.  North to home. 

If what is said - about home being where the heart is - is indeed true, then a part of me shall be here for as long as they are here irrespective of wherever I may lay myself down to sleep.   

-AK 

No comments: