Friday, April 14, 2017

A Friday of As Yet Indeterminate Quality

Today promises to be a somewhat quiet day at the Firm.  Here in the State of Concrete Gardens, all state courthouses are closed in observance of Good Friday. A number of firms I know are taking today as a holiday, which should hopefully hold the e-mail and phone call traffic down considerably. 

Not being a God-believing man myself, I have always been at a loss as to why exactly our State government shuts down for the day.  For the past eight Good Fridays, I have ruled out the possibility that it does so in order to allow our Governor the chance to fast without worrying about his hunger pangs interfering with his official duties. 

Since the permanent kibosh has been put on my proposed team-building event, a combination Easter egg hunt/Crucifixion (think "Winner Take All" with the highest spoils possible), I will likely spend the day holed up in my office working towards my day's personal goal, which is minimizing the amount of work I have to complete this weekend.  

Irrespective of the way in which this particular Friday turns out for me, it will likely be better than this guy's.  Or for that matter, this guy's.  

-AK 

No comments: