Thursday, March 23, 2017

Life in the Lottery

Having decreed that fifty shall be the age at which I hang up my marathon shoes, yesterday I took my shot at completing the Swan Song Daily Double.  

The 2017 Marine Corps Marathon is Sunday, October 22, 2017, which is two weeks before the New York City Marathon.  Yesterday, along with Gidg and Brooke, I cast my lot in the MCM lottery.  Since it is the Marines who oversee this event, it should come as no surprise that by this time next week we shall know whether any of us is a lottery winner.  

My Swan Song Daily Double shall happen only if I strike lottery gold. If I fall short, then for the first time in three years, 2017 shall be a year in which I run only one marathon, and I shall say farewell to this distance in Central Park without taking part in the MCM.  If I get lucky, then I will spend one hell of a lot of time running from place to place from the middle of October through November's first Sunday.  

We shall see. 

-AK 

No comments: