Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Challenger

When I received the alert on my phone the other morning that Leonard Cohen had died, the first person I thought of was my brother, Bill.  Bill is my oldest sibling.  He is the one who took it upon himself to ensure that I learned to read before I was two years old.  I owe him a debt that I can never repay.

It has been a tough week in these United States.  Something that seemed almost impossible proved not to be so.  Now, the future of the greatest nation on this planet appears to have been entrusted to a charlatan - or worse, the ideologue who was his running mate. 

By the end of May, 2017, I shall be a grandfather.  I owe it to my not-yet-born grandson to do all that can be done to ensure that he enters a world worth entering.  

Challenge accepted.  

-AK 

No comments: