Friday, November 25, 2016

Nothing Artificial About It

Thanksgiving around our house was a blissfully quiet day.  The Missus and I took advantage of it and put up our Christmas tree.  We have had the same tree for almost a quarter-century.  Once upon a lifetime ago - before we were married - we had a live tree.  It was terrific.  

And it almost killed me. 

I have a severe allergy to pine or evergreen or whatever the hell it is that live Christmas trees are made of and the one year we had a live tree, by the time Christmas Day arrived, I was in a state of perpetual respiratory distress.  Margaret decided that our home was not big enough for the live tree and for me.  Lucky for me, she ruled in my favor.  

We have had our wonderful, artificial tree ever since we bought it at Caldor - a discount department store that closed its doors more than a decade ago.  It has held up remarkably well.  And it looks beautiful.




It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house.

And not a moment too soon. 

-AK 

No comments: