Sunday, November 6, 2016

Between You and Me and the Staten Island Ferry

Today is Marathon Sunday.  For Yours truly, sixteen weeks of training have all led up to this - these final 26.2 miles.  I had the pleasure and the privilege of participating in this great event last year, which has permitted me to have a better understanding this year of exactly what Marathon Sunday is all about and everything that this experience entails.  

This may very well be my final go-round - both at this great event and at this distance.  I intend to enjoy it...

...when I am not crying about how far away the finish line seems to be and complaining about the pain in my legs.  It simply would not be a marathon without me engaging in such rituals.  

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Central Park Russ, Kara, Gidg, and I go.  The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (or Notre Dame, for that matter) had nothing on us. 


Well, except for the horses I suppose.

-AK



No comments: