Saturday, October 1, 2016

Here Comes Ralphie...

I am a proud alumnus of the University of Colorado.  It is a place, the dust from which I simply cannot shake off of me.  In the interest of full disclosure I have never really tried. In furtherance of the interest of full disclosure, I have no intention of ever doing so.  

There are certain days on which I am even more than simply "normally proud" of my Alma mater.  Today is such a day.  October, as you most likely know, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Pink ribbons and other pink-dyed paraphernalia are ubiquitous.   

This afternoon, after a September on the football field that was as satisfying as any month I can remember in quite some time, the Colorado Buffaloes return home to Boulder to play the Oregon State University Beavers in the first home game of their Pac-12 schedule.   Today, the football team shall kick off the University of Colorado's Breast Cancer Awareness Weekend.   

For all intents and purposes, the football team is taking on two opponents today.  And there is not a Buffalo anywhere, I assure you, who will be satisfied with anything less than a clean sweep.  



No comments: