Saturday, October 8, 2016

An End to the Autumnal Interlude



Due to a combination of a couple of weekends on which we participated in a couple of terrific events (Sue's Crew VIII followed by the 2016 T2T Run) and a weekend on which the weather was so inclement that three of every species in the animal kingdom were gathered together, playing "Rock, Papers, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" for spots on Noah's big boat, the Missus and I had not spent a single weekend at our little Paradise by the Sea in almost a month.  To paraphrase Jack Nicholson in The Shining, "We're back...."

I awaken this morning for the first time in quite a long time able to smell the sea air and able to hear the waves reacquainting themselves with the beach.  They are as delicious a smell and as melodious a sound as any with which I am familiar.  

I am at my happy place.  May your Saturday provide you with the chance to spend at least a part of it at yours. 

Sunrise over Lake Como 
(I'd missing see this too)

-AK 


No comments: