Thursday, September 15, 2016

The One Who Sighs His Lullabies...

The world was new 
Beneath a blue umbrella sky...
- "Summer Wind" 
Frank Sinatra

One of the things that I have learned from time spent looking into the stories of the men and women who were murdered on September 11, 2001 as well as the stories of the loved ones affected by their deaths is how many people occupy this planet who are each a better person than I might ever hope to be - presuming I devoted any energy at all to such a pursuit.  These individuals are remarkable.  Simply remarkable. 

This past Sunday, which was the fifteenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks, the Los Angeles Times posted an article on its web site regarding "the children of September 11".  I have read it through from beginning to end several times already - and have it bookmarked on my desktop for future reference.  I found the piece, written by Laura King, to be as inspiring as the men and women whose lives she chronicled in it.  I heartily commend it to your attention.  It is not a quick read and, given its subject matter, it may not be an easy read either.  

Read it anyway.  I have a feeling that after you complete it, you shall appreciate the time you spent doing so...

...perhaps almost as much as young Ces Picerno appreciates Sinatra.  

Perhaps.   




-AK 


  


No comments: