Sunday, September 25, 2016

Long May We Run...

This morning, for the seventh consecutive time, I shall participate in the Tunnel to Towers Run in New York City.  Once again this year, the Missus is making the journey with me, as are Gidg and Jeff.  Joining us for the first time are Lisa and the Holy Trinity known as the Gonzalez family (Yvette, Pete, and Matt).  Annually, it is an extraordinary event and it is, for my money, as great an example of making something positive out of something overwhelmingly negative as I have ever known.



The Siller Family is remarkable.  They are a credit to the memory of their fallen brother, Stephen, to all of the heroes who died on September 11, 2001, and to each and every one of us.  It is an honor and a privilege to be a very small part of their event and the good works that it serves.  I hope that I am able to participate in it for as long as they hold it because if I am, I shall look forward to spending September's final Sunday exactly where I shall spend today...

...and where I have spent it every year since 2010   

T2T Sand Sculpture - 2010



The Wall at Ten House - 2011


T2T Sand Sculpture - 2012


FDNY on Manhattan side of 
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel - 2013


T2T Sand Sculpture - 2014


Margaret finishing strong - 2015

-AK 


No comments: