Monday, July 11, 2016

Running Through The Raindrops

This year's Belmar Five Mile Run - the 40th edition - had a significantly different feel to it than earlier years' editions.  Typically the weather on race day is hot and steamy.  Not this year.  Light rain fell throughout the race, which did two equally fine things for those of us who ran in it.  It held down the heat.  It made the air breathable.   

Whether it was the weather, the presence of the New Jersey Marathon's Rookie of the Year, Brooke Menendez running with me, the promise of post-race Bloody Marys at Bar A or a combination of all of the above I know not.  All I know is that for the first time in a very long time, I completed the race in less than forty-three minutes.  And I had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.  

Margaret and I had a terrific week at the Shore - one excellent day after another.  Saturday certainly held up its end.

Pleased to report that I did likewise.  

-AK

No comments: