Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Monday in America

I hope that you and yours had a safe and happy 4th of July holiday weekend.  Margaret and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to not end it.  In a manner of speaking anyway.  The Missus and I opted months ago to take this week as our week's vacation at our little Paradise by the Sea.  Rain is featured prominently in today's forecast but thus far I certainly have no complaints about the weather.  It has been perfect for doing a whole lot of nothing and thus far that is what we have done. 

Well, that is not entirely accurate I suppose.  I have done a considerable amount of running and Margaret and I have gone of daily bike rides - including an almost twelve-mile round trip trek to Club Kizis in Manasquan yesterday morning.  I know not whether going on bike rides with my wife will help me get my legs in shape for the 2016 New York City Marathon but four months from tomorrow I shall have my answer. It matters not.  I really enjoy them.  And Margaret appears to enjoy them as well, which at day's end is really all that matters. 

Monday's run took me north into Convention Hall in Asbury Park at which point I looped back - running south along the Boardwalk - to home.  

Sunrise coming up over 17th Avenue Beach
Belmar

Sun coming up over Shark River Inlet
Belmar

Bradley Beach

Madame Marie's 
Asbury Park

Beach sign - Asbury Park
(Good to know about the single-stream recycling)

After I made it home, the Missus and I got on our bikes to ride the almost six miles south to Lynne's home in Manasquan - which we completed with Margaret adorned in her Lady Liberty ensemble. 

Yankee Doodle Margaret

Overall, a good holiday here in 'Murica...



-AK






No comments: