Friday, November 27, 2015

Season's Greetings

Very nice, low-key Thanksgiving at our house yesterday.  It was - as Joe likes to describe it - a "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" day, which he, Margaret, and I spent together.  You have to hand it to my father-in-law.  He does not permit his son-in-law's lack of religious conviction to ruin his analogy.  It could be worse I suppose.  He could refer to us as "Moe, Curly, and Larry".  

I spent a bit of time yesterday morning in Green Brook at the Patanella's Green Brook Turkey Trot 5K.  It was the fifth edition of the event and the fourth time that I have participated.  I was there, five years ago, when there were approximately two hundred participants.  Yesterday, there were approximately eight hundred, including slightly less than six hundred runners.  I would claim to be disappointed by my 116th overall finish.  I would but I would be telling a fib.  

If you are among the folks who shall contribute to the insanity that is "Black Friday", then enjoy yourself.  Better you than me.  I shall be comfortably ensconced at my closed office.  The wonderful thing about the law is that work goes on even when the office is closed.  

Often times, it goes on much more smoothly as a matter of fact...

'Tis the season to be billing, 
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la.
You'll be shopping, I'll be chilling,
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la. 

-AK

No comments: