Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Month of Sundays

Albert Einstein was a pretty smart fellow.  He certainly hit it right on the head regarding his Theory of Relativity.  Today is November 29.  It was only twenty-eight days ago that I completed the New York City Marathon.  Twenty-eight days and yet it feels as if it was a lifetime ago.  

Coincidentally, a lifetime is how long it felt it was taking me to complete the NYC Marathon course while I was completing it.  Who knew that the Queesnboro Bridge connects Queensland, Australia to Manhattan or that First Avenue starts in one of the southernmost Florida Keys before reaching its terminus in the Bronx?  Do not tell me that I am wrong on either count for I have experienced each firsthand - or perhaps "firstfoot".  

But I digress.

My continuing effort to prepare myself to do better in the 2016 NYC Marathon than I did this year continues this morning in beautiful Monmouth County.  For the first time, I am taking part in the Navesink Challenge 15K, which is a 9.3 mile race that begins and ends in Bodman Park in Middletown Township, and competed on a course that is - to be kind - quite challenging.  If the elevation map does not give you an appreciation for the course's topography, then check out the video.  In hindsight, perhaps I should have done so prior to registering for the 15K.  

Who am I kidding?  I would have signed up regardless.  November shall end for me as it began.  Running in a park...

...and weeping softly. 

-AK 

No comments: