Monday, November 2, 2015

A Long Day's Journey Into Night

An incredible experience yesterday.  My thanks to Margaret, Lynne, Jeff, and Gidg for giving up their Sunday to support me.  I desperately needed to see my wife when I did - on First Avenue- at the eighteen mile mark.  That couple of seconds of interaction - nothing more than a brief respite - was the equivalent of a B-12 shot.  She got me through the final eight miles.   

It was an extraordinarily long day.  My thanks to all of the folks who followed my progress, or lack thereof, online.  The support was humbling.  

And sincerely appreciated.  

-AK 

2 comments:

Judith Pack said...

Kudos to you, Mr. Kenny! A wonderful achievement as a result of all your hard work. As a person whose limit is 2 1/2 miles a day on the treadmill at the gym, I cannot even begin to imagine the inner strength you must possess. Again, congratulations!

Adam Kenny said...

Thanks very much for the kind words.