Monday, September 21, 2015

Memory Jog

On Sunday the Missus and I (along with 20,000 other runners, walkers, and Wounded Warriors) shall take part in the Tunnel to Towers Run in New York City.  Yesterday morning, my weekly long run for NYC Marathon training purposes did not take me along the Atlantic Ocean.   Instead it took me through the streets of Middlesex, Bridgewater, and Bound Brook.  

Fourteen years ago, on September 11, 2001, the Boro of Middlesex suffered only one loss.  Thomas Gorman of the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey Police Department was among the 37 members of the department who died that day in Lower Manhattan.  Approximately three years after Officer Gorman was killed, the Boro of Middlesex erected a Memorial in his honor at Victor Crowell Park.  

Yesterday morning my run took me past Victor Crowell Park.  I did what I do every time I run there.  I stopped for a moment to pay my respects to Officer Gorman.  A brief, effective reminder of what is important.


Middlesex Boro September 11, 2001
Memorial - Victor Crowell Park


Time well spent.  

-AK

No comments: