Wednesday, July 22, 2015

When the Moon Hits Your Eye...

...like a big pizza pie, it may very well be Amore.  Of course, when it does so on a July Wednesday night in Westfield, New Jersey, it may very well be the annual Downtown Westfield 5K and Pizza Extravaganza.  Tonight it is the latter.  Well, for me at least.  You might very well have something completely different on your menu as it were. 

I think tonight marks the fifth or sixth summer that I have participated in this event, which is one of my favorites.  Gidg and I make the pilgrimage to Westfield for it, as does my law partner, Mr. Gerst.  He has an ability that I do not, which is the ability - upon completing what is normally a hard 3.1 mile run on a a sultry July night - to actually eat a slice of pizza.  To my memory, I have yet to break my maiden on the topic of post-race pizza.  I do not believe that Gidg has ever eaten any of it either.  We have simply permitted Mr. Gerst to exercise our pizza consumption rights by proxy.  

It is an arrangement that has worked out well for all concerned.  

Take it away Dino...

-AK 




No comments: