Monday, March 30, 2015

Hoosier Daddy

This is the first time in more than twenty years that I have not participated in a March Madness Pool.  This is also the first time in more than twenty years that I have not paid a great deal of attention to the NCAA Tournament.  Coincidence?  Perhaps.  Is it because I have no skin in the game that I have diminished interest in the games?  Perhaps.  

I have enjoyed, though, the little bit of the action that I have seen.  Margaret and I were out Saturday night - with Gidg/Jeff seeing Rich Vos at the Stress Factory - but we were home in time for me to watch the final few minutes of the Notre Dame/Kentucky game.  I am not a fan of either school and had no rooting interest in its outcome.  I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Two well-coached, hard-working teams of college kids played their hearts out right to the final buzzer.  It is a cliche, for sure, but it suits the situation:  It was a game that it was a shame either team had to lose. 

On Saturday, March Madness will cede center stage to April Insanity as the Final Four arrives in Indianapolis.  Kentucky, having survived Notre Dame, will play Wisconsin and Duke will play Michigan State.  Candidly, I do not anticipate watching much of either National Semi-Final Game on Saturday and on Monday I shall devote significantly more time and attention to Opening Day of the 2015 New York Yankees Regular Season than I shall to the final day of the 2015 College Basketball Season.  

Although I hope that irrespective of whoever wins on Monday night, Indiana's Governor Mike Pence is involved in the trophy presentation.  He is simply delightful, is he not?  I, for one, cannot get enough of him.  His intellect is surpassed only by his sincerity.  

And yes, if I lived in Indiana that would frighten the shit out of me too.  

-AK 

No comments: