Sunday, February 1, 2015

T Minus One Eleven

Winning is giving total commitment...the desire to expend every bit of energy
on a given day toward being the absolute best you can be.  We get paid and 
measured by the final score but, in my heart, it was always the effort that
told me whether I personally had won or lost. 
- Vince Lombardi

Today shall be one of my favorite days of winter, which is my least favorite of the four seasons.  It is not because at some point tonight the Super Bowl shall at last arrive.  Remember when the Super Bowl used to be played in the afternoon?  Remember when it used to be played in January?  I shall watch the game although I have no actual rooting interest as to its winner.  My rooting interest begins with "4" for Seattle and ends with "0"for New England, which is the combination for my box in the Super Bowl Pool.  

No, today is among my favorite of all winter days because today at 5:00 AM (a/k/a for most of you "Before You Read This") I shall register for the 2015 Spring Lake Five Mile Run, which shall take place - as it always does - on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend.  This year it shall take place on Saturday, May 23.  

If the idea of Memorial Day does not warm your blood and make you happy on the 1st of February, then it might be a good idea to have a loved one dial "9-1-1" for you.  I regret to inform you that you may in fact be dead and unaware of your own demise. 




-AK 

No comments: