Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Long May He Run

Long may you run. 
Long may you run.
Although these changes have come
With your chrome heart shining in the sun...
- Neil Young

On this - the forty-eighth anniversary of the date on which I traded my warm, cozy studio apartment (no view to speak of but one cannot have everything) for the cold, wintry environs of the State of Concrete Gardens (and if you think arriving in New Jersey in frigging February was my idea then you believe I am even dumber than I actually am) - and two time zones removed from where I announced my arrival, sad business is on tap. 

This afternoon, the family of Kyle MacIntosh shall bid a twenty-three-year-old son and brother farewell.  Such a thing should not have to occur.  Today, however, it shall.



Love does not stop.  Sadly, however, this leg of Kyle MacIntosh's journey has been completed.   

But his race is far from over...

...and long may he run

-AK





  

No comments: