Monday, October 27, 2014

Granted Wishes

For an asshole, I must confess that I have been treated a bit better by Life than I deserve.  All that I need to prove that hypothesis is Margaret.  

We have been together now for enough of our lives that we have celebrated just about half of each of our birthdays with one another.  Today, my wife celebrates another successful journey around the Sun.  No woman embraces getting older in the manner that Margaret does, which is why I can say without any fear of reprisal that today my beautiful bride is fifty-two.  

There is never a gift that I can give Margaret for her birthday that comes close at all to equaling all that she has given to me - and continues to give to me -every day that she has been a part of my life.  I exaggerate not at all when I say that she saved my life.  There is no fairer way to describe what she did - and what she continues to do.  

Today is her birthday.  Yet today, as is the case every day, I am the one who is thankful for granted wishes.  




-AK 

No comments: