Tuesday, June 17, 2014

We Now Resume Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

I spent most of last week doing something I enjoy doing very much:  trying a case.  The result, while not unexpected, was adverse.  The experience, however, was a good one.  It is always a pleasure to spend time in the company of an attorney who is not only a skilled advocate but is a true gentleman.  Howard Wiener fits the bill on both counts.  I hate losing more than anything else in the world.  But if I have to, then I hope it always will be to someone like Howard.  Not too often mind you.  That would be damn bad for business.  Very, very bad.

Conversely I spent yesterday doing something for work that I hate very much:  I had to travel out of state.  The entire day was spent in Washington, D.C. at a deposition.  It had to be done.  The demands of the case dictated it.  Yet, it was a really shitty way to start the week. 

Truth be told, Yours truly is a creature of habit.  I loathe the things that disrupt the rhythm of my day-to-day.  Excursions to Washington, D.C. for work on 90+ degree days in our Nation's capital certainly qualify. 

It is not every week that I look forward to the Day after Monday more than I do Monday.  This is one such week. 

-AK 

No comments: