Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Feets Don't Fail Us Now!

Happy National Running Day! 

Let me say that again.  Today is National Running Day.  It is a goddamn holiday for crying out loud. 

What the hell are you doing hanging out around here today?  Put down the phone.  Power down the computer.  Dim the tablet.  Get out there and run...


...or jog or whatever.  Enjoy the day.

And while you are out there running today might I suggest that you listen to a bit of Springsteen's Born in the USA album on your iPod?  BITUSA was released thirty years ago on this very day.  It has never been my favorite Springsteen record but my appreciation for it has risen over the years, especially so in the aftermath of the deaths of Danny Federici and Clarence Clemons.  And I suppose it shall always hold a place of some significance in my heart - arriving upon the scene as it did just before the end of my Junior  year at W-H.  It formed an important part of the soundtrack of my Senior year of high school.  

No retreat.  No surrender...

    

-AK

No comments: