Thursday, April 10, 2014

Nobody Worry About Me

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere.
A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion.
It looks like a mirac...
It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!
- Carl Spackler

This morning - at some time reasonably confused with "half past the ass crack of dawn" play shall begin in this year's edition of The Masters Golf Championship, which is contested annually at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.  I know less about golf than practically any person alive but even I know that this year you should not bet on Tiger Woods to win.  He is not playing.  You are welcome for that super-handy golf handicapping advice.  

If you have a minute or two to kill, then check out this quiz on-line, which poses a question that likely has been answered rhetorically by significantly fewer people than "How Does the Man Inside My Refrigerator Know When to Turn the Light Off?" (you are left to your own design regarding whether that is a good thing, a bad thing or an abjectly terrifying thing).  Here is the question:  Are You Augusta National Membership Material?  Here is the link to the quiz:  http://scorecard.golf.com/2014/04/07/are-you-augusta-national-membership-material/?eref=sihp.

Great thing about this quiz for me is that I knew how it was going to turn out for me even before I started it.  In that regard, it was very much akin to Calculus in high school.  The biggest difference being that I was excited to see the results of this quiz.  OK, the biggest difference actually was seeing the results of the quiz I did not want to hang myself as I did each time I received a Calc test back 

But I digress...

The results are in and to the surprise of no one - especially me - it turns out that I am not Augusta National Golf Club material.  Who knew?  Hell, who did not know.  No skin off of my 9-iron.  I would rather hang around with this crowd anyway


As the song says, "I'm Alright..."  

...Nobody worry about me.



-AK  

No comments: