Saturday, March 15, 2014

Buon Appetito!

The Missus and I shall spend our Saturday night doing something we do not do too often.  We are going to the theatre.  I am more of a movie guy than a theatre guy, I must admit.  Perhaps if live theatrical performances would include coming attractions and talking hot dogs and Jujubees to advertise the concessions available for purchase they would be more to my taste.  To the dismay of all I am certain I have opted against holding my breath waiting for that to happen. 

Anyway, tonight we are off to the George Street Playhouse in New Brunswick to take in "I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti", which is described as, "A mouth-watering comedy, this deliciously hilarious play celebrates Italian home cooking as both an expression of love and a source of comfort when the romance goes cold."   

I have been married to my life's great love, an Italian girl, for almost twenty-one years now.  While there is a joke to be told about the irony of Margaret wanting to see a play in which the protagonist is an Italian woman who is a prodigious cook, I shall not tell it.  There is a chance that this shall be on of the three of four days a year that the Missus pops by this space to see just what I am up to.  I am far too undisciplined to train myself to sleep with one eye open every night for the rest of my life.

However brief it might be....

-AK    



   

 

No comments: