Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sounds of the Season

At some point today, all three branches of the family tree shall be in the same place.  Our Colorado office, represented by Rob and Jess, will make the short jaunt down from Jess's family's home in Essex County.  Our Texas office will in fact be in the building when I leave for work this morning.  Suzanne and Ryan arrived at Newark Airport in the morning's wee small hours.  In less than forty-eight hours, gone again they all shall be.   
 
I like to think that I have reached the point in my life where I am impossibly easy to shop for, especially at Christmas.  For I need nothing other than to hear the sound of voices of those I love in a place that I call home - even if their homes now reside in different postal zones.  It is a sound I hope to hear a lot of throughout this day and deep into this evening.  A sound that never, ever gets old....
 
....even as I do.  
 
 
-AK

No comments: