Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trials and Tribulations...

Having to settle back into the routine of being on trial this week.  First time since - holy smokes - two summers ago.  Nice to be out of the office for a few days....or nine or ten if the trial takes as long as anticipated.  Silly way to make a living but it pays the bills.  And if you are going to do something you might as well do it well.  Nice thing about trial is that results are easy to measure. 
 
I spent Sunday morning taking part in an activity in which results are also easy to measure:  running in a 5k race in Livingston, New Jersey that my partner Arnold Gerst organizes.  It is a mystery to me why this race is not better attended but the number of participants in no way detracts from the event.  Arnold and his crew of volunteers do an incredible job with this race every October.  This year was no exception.  And for reasons not entirely clear to me, I run very well at his race.  Sunday I ran the fastest 5K time I had run since the 2012 edition of his race.  My colleague Jim Hajel ran an incredible race.  Young smart ass ran past me like I was carrying a piano on my back at about the 2.5 mile mark - even though I was humming along as fast as I could.  Hell of a nice day.  Hell of a good run. 
 
Not sure how much running I will get in this week.  Trial weeks tend to run long - and late. 
 
-AK 

No comments: