Friday, September 13, 2013

There 'Neath the Oak's Bough



Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams.
Live the Life That You've Imagined.
- Henry David Thoreau



If I had a dollar for every less than swell thing I have done in my life, suffice it to say that I would be able to sleep through my alarm clock on something akin to at least a not-infrequent basis.  So, I am always more than mildly surprised when someone I love dearly escapes unscathed his/her affiliation with me. 

One week ago on this very day, my daughter Suzanne did just that.  On what turned out to be one of the Ten Best Days of the year, weatherwise, and one of the Best Days Ever for Yours Truly, she married my son-in-law Ryan before family and friends.  As the sun started its descent into the western sky, the two of them exchanged vows.  The looks on their faces as they strode down the aisle for the first time as Man and Wife shall warm me forever. 

Come what may....




-AK 

No comments: