Friday, August 2, 2013

The World According to Floyd

Today is yet another one of those "inside baseball" days here in my little part of the virtual universe.  I would apologize but gee, I do not do that especially well.  Perhaps I would be better at it if I was not guided by the words of P.G. Wodehouse on this particular point, "It is a good rule in life never to apologize.  The right sort of people do not want apologies and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them."

This October - for the fifth consecutive year of what shall be as many years as proves to be necessary to reduce breast cancer to a historical footnote - the gifted harriers of Sue's Crew shall run.  Scheduling issues last Autumn caused us to find a race in which to participate other than the South/Central Jersey Race For The Cure.  We shall return there this year - making what is thankfully for me the only trip I make annually to Great Adventure.  The Fifth Edition of Sue's Crew and the 20th Edition of the South/Central Jersey Race For The Cure shall meet. 

While I am - at my core - anti-social for a good cause such as this is I adopt "the more the merrier" mentality.  I shall wait while you amuse yourself saying "the more the merrier mentality" five times in a row as fast as you can....

....Good, you are back.  Time for the open casting call:  If you are a runner, a jogger, a walker or (like my beautiful bride) simply a shameless seeker of camera positions and your schedule permits you to be in Jackson, New Jersey on the morning of Sunday, October 6, 2013, then lace up your running shoes and join us.  We shall be happy you did. 

And so shall you.

-AK

No comments: