Friday, July 19, 2013

As With All Good Things....

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time....
 
 
A process slightly more than two months in the making reaches its conclusion today.  We moved Mother's Day weekend.  We put our home on the market a week or so later.  Today at or about 2:00 PM is the closing.  Papers shall be signed.  Keys shall be handed over (well - not by me for I have never had a key).  An era shall end.
 
Our home shall cease to be our home today.  Truth be told, I reckon it ceased to be our home the day we moved.  But a little piece of me has remained there.  Over the course of the past two months, I made regular trips there.  Hell, unbeknownst to the Missus I stopped by there on my way to the office this morning.  I just wanted to stand on MY back patio one final time.  And take one final look around MY backyard.  This afternoon, a new pronoun comes to town.
 
As Mick and Keith pointed out a lifetime ago, "Time waits for no one."  That is especially true when it is closing time.....
 
I am the last one out the door.  I will get the lights.....
 

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while....
 
-AK
 
 


 




No comments: