Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Sip of the Forgiveness that Life Provides

Four years ago on this very day - the final Saturday of June - my brother in law Frank's daughter Megan (his oldest child) was married.  Four years and two days later she and her husband have added three members to their tribe.  It has been a happy, productive (and no doubt tiring) four years for that dynamic duo. 
 
Today - in the very same church where her big sister was wed four Junes ago - Frank's second-oldest child - his daughter Nicole - shall marry.  I have had the pleasure and privilege of knowing Nic almost since Margaret and I started dating twenty-two years ago.  She is a terrific young woman.  And in Jason it certainly appears as if she has met her ideal complement.  A genuinely nice guy.  A good man.
 
The process begins today for Nicole and Jason.  To this point their story has been of their "lives".  Today that changes.  Their story is now the one of their Life. 
 
Call me an old softie but I am rooting for a happy ending....
 
....and I have every confidence that they shall get there. 
 
And they shall enjoy the ride.
 
 
-AK

No comments: