Wednesday, March 27, 2013

No Ordinary Joe

Today my father-in-law, Joseph Salvatore Bozzomo, is celebrating his eightieth birthday.  Margaret and I have been together for so long that at this point in my life, I have had my father-in-law as part of my day-to-day for close to a decade longer than I did my own father.   

And while no relationship is perfect - and ours is no exception to that rule - I consider myself fortunate that I have had the opportunity to grow up with him and around him these past twenty-plus years.  He has taught me a great deal - and not simply by drawing from his seemingly limitless reservoir of opinion statements.  Rather I have learned from him in the manner in which one learns anything that is valuable and worth learning:  by observation.  

Here is to hoping that a good man enjoys a happy birthday.  Based on everything I have observed for the past twenty-plus years he certainly deserves it.  

-AK 

No comments: