Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And So It Begins....


All is quiet on New Year's Day 
A world in white gets underway 
I want to be with you, be with you night and day 
Nothing changes on New Year's Day 

If you are reading this right now, congratulations.  Another new year has dawned and you have lived to see it.  I shall take no offense if you are bitterly disappointed at this being your reward for all of your hard work.  You deserve more.  Now go find it someplace else. 

Today likely is the final day of "the holiday season" in your neck of the woods.  And if you live in the Northeastern part of the United States as the Missus and I do, then tomorrow officially transitions you back from "holiday weather" to weather that is simply effing cold.  Enjoy it or not - we shall likely be slogging through it for another two and a half months.  Whining about it will not make it pass on through here any faster.  Trust me on this.  I know of which I speak. 

If you were like the Missus and me, then your transition from 2012 to 2013 was a blissfully peaceful and uneventful one.  If you were not, then I hope at least today is a day off from work for you so that the two most important people in your life today - Alka and Seltzer - have time to do the voodoo they do so well to restore you to the land of the living. 

Day One.  Do all you can to make it a good one for yourself and for those you love.  You shall never pass this way again so live like you mean it. 


-AK 

No comments: