Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Promise

Welcome to "Running on Fumes" Thursday.  It was a hectic, exciting and joyous past few days in our neck of the woods.  I hope it was for you and yours as well.  As luck would have it, when the Texas twosome jetted home to Houston yesterday morning they were doing so in order to do what Margaret and I did yesterday (save for the multi-state commute):  go to work.   I get up every day for work at 3:00 a.m.  Yesterday I rang in Boxing Day by having my alarm clock punch me in the face at 2:00 a.m. 
 
2013 - as well as its linear descendant 2014 - is shaping up to be one hellaciously fine year in our family.  I welcome the coming of the new year not simply because of all that 2012 has wrought but because of the promise that 2013 is bringing with it. 
 
A promise that I hope very much to enjoy watching it keep.
 
-AK

No comments: