Saturday, December 15, 2012

Incoming

Among the many things I do not carry in the little burnt ember in my chest that masquerades as my heart is an excess of Christmas spirit. Today is a day that shall move the needle - and not in an insignificant way.

At some point today the Texas contingent of the family business shall touch down here in the State of Concrete Gardens.  As I write this I know not whether I am on "airport pickup" duty.  I expect I shall know the answer to that question at some point between right now and when I go to sleep tonight.  For the sake of Suz and Ry I hope like hell that is the case.  One can get damn cold standing outside Newark Airport waiting on one's ride....especially in December.

It shall be damn good to see them both - especially in view of the day's events yesterday in Connecticut....

....Your kids are never too old for you to hug.

-AK

No comments: