Friday, June 29, 2012

A Week's End

Nothing to say about today other than a day that shall begin at 3:00 a.m. with my alarm clock sounding shall end with the Missus and me at Newark Airport greeting Ryan and Suzanne.  Our temporary Texan and her other half are home for the next week or so.  The time they spend here shall pass in an eye's blink to be sure.  Days will feel as if they have been reduced to minutes.  Same as it always is any time one of our transplanted children spends a bit of time here in the State of Concrete Gardens. 

But the time spent here in state shall also be full of terrific moments.  For me, none better than the one awaiting me at day's end.  Happiness is the sight of one you love and see now only infrequently heading up the jetway towards you. 

I am grinning a bona fide shit-eating grin as I write this right now....

....and Suz's flight does not arrive until almost midnight. 

-AK

No comments: