Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hell's Kitchen

I hope that your weekend is a good one. Mine shall get off to an invigorating start this morning. The Missus and I are off to Red Bank, which is a jewel of a town nestled as it is on the banks of the Navesink River. Gidg and I are participating again this year in the George Sheehan Classic.

We both participated in it for the first time last year. Last year it was a five mile race. This year the distance has been reduced to a 5K, which is 3.1 miles. I am confident that somewhere, someone knows why the change was made. I am equally confident that that "someone" looks nothing at all like me. Similarly, I have every confidence that I shall not ever know the answer to that question. If anyone had asked for my opinion, I would have expressed my preference that it remain a five-mile race. They did not. The rest as they say is history.

Irrespective of the distance, it is a terrific event. And there are many, many worse places to spend a Saturday morning in mid-June than in Red Bank, New Jersey. Here is to hoping that the weather continues to cooperate and that my legs decide to forego secession for at least one more day. Today has all the ingredients necessary to be a hell of a day.

Now it is time to make it happen. You do the same. Enjoy your day.

-AK



No comments: