Saturday, May 26, 2012

'Cause Summer's Here....

I do any number of things on a day in/day out basis that serve to reaffirm my belief that I am the same fairly miserable piece of dreck now as I have always been with little prospect for an upswing on the horizon.

But every once in a while something happens that makes me hold out hope. Well, not hope exactly for I am a realist and I know my own limitations far too well but at least a bit of optimism. Last night one such "something" occurred.

Last night shortly after the Missus and I arrived in 'Squan a surprise visitor appeared at the door. Actually it was two surprise visitors. And in spite of the fact that we were at Lynne's the visitors came not to see Lynne but, instead, to see Margaret. She learned last night what I known for the past week: Rob and Jess are spending this Memorial Day weekend NOT in the state of snowcapped mountains but in the state of Snooki, Springsteen and pork roll, egg and cheese sandwiches. Yes indeed, they are home.

My weekend was made by the look in Margaret's eyes when those eyes locked on Rob's face. That warm glow will fuel me quite well thank you this morning as I join Gidg and 10,000 other pairs of feet running all over Spring Lake in the Spring Lake 5.

Here is to hoping that your Saturday is as good as mine shall be. If it is I assure you that you are doing better than fine.

Tonight tonight the highway's bright
Out of our way Mister you best keep
'Cause summer's here and the time is right
For goin' racin' in the street.


-AK

No comments: