Sunday, April 8, 2012

One Last Song from Van the Man

While I am not a religious or spiritual man, I can read. I know from glancing at my official CU-Boulder Alumni Association calendar - featuring photographs of the country's most beautiful college campus and its environs - that today is Easter Sunday.

In recognition of this being a holiday - at least among certain religious persuasions - and in honor of the Easter Bunny emerging from his hole, seeing his own shadow and thereafter devoting himself exclusively to multiplication for the next six weeks (and while his preferred partner is a a little miss cottontail apparently both loaves and fishes will do in a pinch), I leave you early today. I have a long run on which to embark and you have countless better things to do than waste any more time here.

Here is to you and yours on this beautiful Sunday morning, whether or not you reside on the Isle of Easter....

You may bury me with an enemy in Mount Calvary
You can stack me on a pyre and soak me down with whiskey
Roast me to a blackened crisp and throw me in a pile
I could really give a shit - I'm going out in style.



....bonnet optional.

-AK

No comments: