Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It Has Sprung

I have heeded the good advice of my brother Kelly these past several weeks and have not poked Mother Nature in the eye by making too much out of the fact that this winter has great weather-wise. Today is different. Today I can act with impunity.

Today is the first day of Spring. Vernal Equinox - Autumnal's twin brother - is here. Whether Momma Nature will back up the beautiful winter to which she treated us in these parts with a spring to match I know not. One can only hope.

If the weather gods (and my favorite weather dude Lonnie Quinn) are right, then Spring shall get off to a pretty nice start today with mostly sunny skies and temperatures approaching seventy degrees. Not a bad way to start a season. Not too damn bad at all.

Spring has sprung. Enjoy it.

-AK

No comments: