Monday, February 27, 2012

Some Things Just Stink

This will be a tough week at the shop. Sadly, work pressure has nothing to do with it.

I have had the pleasure of working with Lucia since she first joined the Firm in the middle of November 2010. I am not the easiest person with whom to work - not so much because of my generally disagreeable disposition as much as I tend to generate a great deal of work. In the world of litigation, which is the world in which I work, more often than not the work that needs to be completed needs to be completed as soon as possible.

As an assistant Lucia is top-notch. As a person she is considerably more. And this week shall be a simply brutal one for her mother, her family and her. They do not deserve it. Nevertheless they shall have to endure it.

Friday night - after battling hard against illnesses and ailments that had kept him hospitalized for the final month of his life- Lucia's dad died. I never had the pleasure of meeting him. I take on faith however - having the pleasure of spending eight hours a day five days a week with one of his greatest accomplishments - that he was one hell of a man. I know too that Lucia adored him.

I do not like those things that I cannot fix. This is one of those things. All I can do is all that anyone can do, which is think a good thought and be there to offer support and comfort to those in need.

-AK

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments and for the kind words you said. It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for putting up with me through those difficult days. Your sympathy and support has meant alot to me. You have helped me get through one of the hardest times in my life. Thanks for making me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I left the message above if you did not know that already. Thanks, Lucia

Adam Kenny said...

You are welcome.