Saturday, November 12, 2011

Light Blindness

With a boulder on my shoulder feelin' kinda older
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasing sneezing and wheezing
the calliope crashed to the ground....

The Missus and I are spending the final full day of our excellent (albeit abbreviated) Colorado adventure enjoying Boulder in all of its splendor. And part of the day shall be spent doing something I did not think I would ever get to do, which is stand shoulder to shoulder with Rob at Folsom Field and watch my beloved Alma mater play. I wholly expect that this afternoon's game will go much the same way that ninety percent of this fall's tilts have gone for the Buffaloes, which is badly. While a victory would be nice, I believe that I win today simply by showing up. Selfish attitude? You bet. Apology forthcoming? Not likely.

Rob and I have hung out together in Folsom Field on one other occasion. On Memorial Day 2010 we ran the Bolder Boulder 10K race together. The race ends on the field at Folsom and post-race we hung out in the stands with about 45,000 other folks to watch, first, the professional runners race and, thereafter, a simply terrific Memorial Day celebration. Someone took a photo of us, which I still have in my office to serve as a reminder of one of the best days of my life


Today we shall be joined at Folsom Field by the Missus and Jess, whose Alma mater represents thus far this fall the "1" on the left side of the Buffs' won-loss record. Regardless of the final score, the four of us should have a terrific day....

....not that a "W" would not be appreciated. In the event that reading this space is part of Coach Embree's pre-game ritual (a scenario that I can readily envision....not) do not feel obligated to take it easy on 'Zona on my account Coach.

Shoulder to shoulder....

-AK

No comments: