Thursday, June 16, 2011

Scaling the Scales

Today is the anticipated and expected end of our fearless hero's latest litigation adventure.  And for those of you who wonder who exactly our fearless hero is, he is me of course.  I have been on trial in Essex County (Newark) since Monday.  Some cases just have to be tried.  This one did.  It is the case for which I spent a day in late March flying from Newark to Richmond Virginia via Charlotte North Carolina and back.  Happiness is not a work day that ends 21 1/2 hours after it began.  If I did my job properly then at some time today I shall be able to report pleasant news to my client.  And the trip to the Great American South (toe-dipping edition) will have been worth it. 

We shall see.  Sometimes you are the windshield.  Sometimes, just the bug.  Last time out I was the latter.  That happens to me not frequently I say with more than a small amount of immodesty.  I will be not happy at all if it happens back-to-back.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."  Dr. Seuss.  The Patron Saint of Trial Lawyers everywhere.  Who knew?  Other than Horton of course.

-AK

No comments: