Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Can Someone Hand Me A Towel?

Whether all roads do in fact lead home I know not. I know only that my road has taken me home again. Perhaps, after experiencing serious disconnect from my professional life, my personal life and my existence for the first five months of 2009, I suddenly feel re-energized. It is as if the wheel of chance stopped right where I had plunked down my dollar.


I woke up this morning and drove north on 287 on "T minus 4" day at the soon-to-be former place of employment. And the amazing thing is that now that I have this countdown to compare to the January '09 edition, I know how right my decision to come home truly is. Four months ago, four days from my final day my principal emotion was sadness - not excitement. Today, exactly the opposite is true.


Life is what happens when you are busy making plans, right? Nothing for me has gone as planned these past few months and yet everything has come together quite nicely. And this time next week, I will pull a Bobby Ewing and step back into a life that I stepped out of four months ago. While I would certainly not describe these past few months as dream-like, they sure as hell have been surreal. It shall be nice to get back to terra firma.

-AK

No comments: